So on sunday night i decided enough was enough i had to get my not so little arse back on track and plan myself a week of healthy eating and exercise..
cut to late Monday evening, exhausted from work and experiencing a hardcore sugar craving,
so i said what any self respecting person would...
Fuck Ze Diet!!
and rummaged through my cupboards untill i found the ingredients for something sweet and satisfying which in this case was a muffin mix and some gingerbread spices
and lo the Chocolate Gingerbread Muffin was born! and gosh darnit it they were deeelicious!
I feel like giving the recipe is a little redundant seeing as i made them from a packet mix and just added some extras but what the hell i might as well...
You will need:
- 1 packet of muffin mix (or whip up your favourite basic muffin recipe if you have the time and patience)
- gingerbread spices, i used a pre mixed spice mixture but i did a bit of searching on the ol'googleator and found this
- Cocoa powder
- brown sugar
How i did it:
1. Make up the muffin mix according to instructions, seeing as i was kinda breaking my diet and felt a little guilty i used natural oil in place of melted butter.
2. add in two teaspoon of spice mix. now i know you might be like whaaat that is a lot of spice but i really wanted these muffins to be warm and inviting and i love that deep spice flavour
3. add in a tea spoon of cocoa powder
4. mix all together and divide into muffin cases, sprinkle a little brown sugar on top and bake in the oven according to instructions
5. gobble down accompanied by a hot chocolate because let's face it we clearly aren't on a diet at this point ;)
The result: winter ready bliss
Hope you guys enjoyed ;)